One of the consequences of writing a lot of music on Sibelius is that you get pretty good at formatting and doing copy work. I am an accomplished copyist and I work fast. For typical projects, pricing is calculated from the lower of either $35/hr or a per-page rate (shown below). So, for example, if I receive a 10-page flute solo that takes me 3 hours to complete, the price is $105, because that is less than the per-page price of $115. However, if it takes me 4 hours to complete, the price would be $115 as that is less than the $140 hourly fee.
NOTE: Per-page rates are based on the finished product, not the original music sent to me. This is because there is a large discrepancy between people's handwriting/styles in notation software they send to me.
PER-PAGE PRICING RATES:
- Full Score Page: $25.00
- Small Ensemble (Duos, Trios, Quartets, Quintets): $15.00
- Solo Instrument w/Piano Accompaniment Page: $15.00
- Solo Piano Page: $13.50
- Solo Guitar Page (with or without tab): $14.00
- Single-Line Page: $11.50
- Single-Line Parts extracted from a Full Score Page: $7.00
- Piano Parts extracted from Full Score Page: $8.00
- Guitar Part with Tab extracted from Full Score Page: $8.00
Add $1.00 per page if the page includes lyrics